Please scroll below to view in detail the following information:
- Consultation on admission arrangemnts for EEEA Trust schools for 2022
- Consultation on admission arrangements for Surrey’s community and voluntary controlled schools for 2022
- Admission Appeals 2021
- Link to Admission Policies
Consultation on admission arrangements for EEEA Trust schools for 2022
Engage Enrich Excel Academies (EEEA), as the admission authority for all schools within the Multi Academy Trust (MAT), are conducting a full consultation on admission arrangements, including proposed changes, for three of the schools within the MAT for September 2022.
The Schools are:
· Byfleet Primary School, Woking, Surrey
· Maybury Primary School, Woking, Surrey
· Westfield Primary School, Woking, Surrey
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at www.eeea.co.uk.
Comments are invited on any aspect of the proposed Admissions Policy for the three schools.
In particular, the proposed changes from the 2021/2 policies are as follows:
- Byfleet Primary School and Maybury Primary School – to remove the “exceptional arrangements” criterion.
- Byfleet Primary school, Maybury Primary School and Westfield Primary school to remove the “Nearest School” criterion.
The consultation will run from Monday 9th November 2020 to Tuesday 22nd December 2020.
Anyone wishing to submit their views can email the Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to David Harris, CEO, EEEA Trust, Queen's Ave, Aldershot, Wellesley GU11 4AA.
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the Trust board meeting on 5th Feb 2021.
Once the board has considered all the responses the determined admission arrangements will be placed on EEEA’s website at www.eeea.co.uk.
Consultation on admission arrangements for Surrey’s community and voluntary controlled schools for 2022
Surrey County Council is consulting on:
- proposed changes to admission arrangements for the majority of community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2022
- Surrey’s relevant area – this is the geographical area within which schools must consult on their admission arrangements.
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at www.surreysays.co.uk.
Why we are consulting
We have a statutory duty to consult on admission arrangements if we intend to make a change.
The changes being proposed are as follows:
- The majority of community and voluntary controlled schools - Removal of use of ‘nearest school’ as a criterion within the admission arrangements
- Beauclerc Infant School – introduction of a sibling link with Chennestone Primary School
- Horley Infant School – introduction of a reciprocal sibling link with Yattendon School
- Onslow Infant School – reduction in published admission number for Reception from 90 to 60
How can I respond to the consultation?
The consultation on the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools and the proposed changes will run until Tuesday 1 December 2020. If you would like to take part please complete an online response form at www.surreysays.co.uk/csf/copy-of-copy-of-consultation-on-proposed-changes-t/ (www.surreysays.co.uk). Alternatively, if you would prefer to respond on a paper form, please telephone the Surrey Schools and Childcare Service on 0300 200 1004 to request a copy. Please note that only response forms which are fully completed with the respondent’s name and address will be accepted.
What happens next?
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the County Council's decision-making Cabinet on 26 January 2021. It will decide whether to proceed with the proposed changes as well as determining the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for which no changes are proposed. Cabinet’s decision will then need to be ratified by the full County Council on 9 February 2021. Once determined the final admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for 2021 will be placed on Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions.
Admission Appeals 2021
Please see document below for the Admission Appeals Timetable 2021.