Leading Parent Partnership Award
At Maybury we are dedicated to improving our relationship with parents and we strive to improve the services and opporutnites we provide for our parents and children. In line with this we are working to achieve the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA).
The overall aims of the award are to:
- Improve punctuality, attendance and behaviour
- Improve pupil or student progress
- Increase parental involvement in consultation events and learning activities
- Increase number and range of parents actively involved with the school
This can be achieved by addressing the more challenging areas in terms of parent partnership. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Knowing what you want to achieve through parent partnership.
- How to make your school or setting genuinely welcoming to parents and carers.
- How to communicate really effectively with parents and carers.
- How to get all parents and carers involved with the school – particularly the ‘harder to reach’.
- How to engage all staff in working effectively with parents and carers.
- How to support parents and carers so they can really help with their children’s learning.
- Finding time to plan and organise events and activities to engage parents.
- Coping with limited physical space and resources.
- How to best use information and communications technology to enhance parent partnership.
- Increasing parental engagement in the context of the safeguarding agenda.
- Knowing how well you are doing and the impact parent partnership is having on pupils’ and students’ achievement.
With your continued support we hope to achieve this award . You can find more infromation about the award at http://www.lppa.co.uk/
If you ave any queries about the award please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.
(LPPA and Parent learning Lead)